First impressions are very important, on that we can all likely agree. That's why relationship specialist and Internet author Wendell K. Cribbs has put together his top five dating tips for men. Guys, if you want to make an excellent first impression, make sure you pay close attention to this list.
1. Make certain that you arrive on time. Most women feel that punctuality is an important trait in a man, and being late will instantly let your date know that you really don't care enough about her to go out of your way to be there to meet her on time. I can't stress this point enough, women consider your punctuality an indicator of how much you care about them. This advice is foremost among all dating tips for men.
2. Be ready for a conversation. The second most important among my dating tips for men is to make sure that you're ready to talk. That means doing a little homework before the date. Spend a little time reading up on current events. If you know some of the things your date is interested in, research those topics on the Internet. On your way to meet her, practice discussing a few of the topics you've researched. Remember that she wants you to be interested in her, and being prepared to discuss things that interest her is an excellent way to show it.
3. Let your date make decisions about your time together. One of my important dating tips for men is to remind them that a woman likes to have input on her activities. While there are some women who desire a "take charge" guy who'll make a lot of decisions in a relationship, until you've spent time with her you won't know if that's who she is. Instead, early on, allow her to have lots of input into your dating plans. It will make her feel important and appreciated, and if you later find that she'd rather have you decide, you can work that out.
4. During the date, make sure you ask questions and listen carefully to her responses. Most people enjoy talking about themselves. Ask a lot of questions about her and the things that interest her, and that will give her a lot of opportunities to tell you about herself. Asking questions and quietly listening to and thoughtfully responding to her will show her that you're really interested, and is one of my top dating tips for men.
5. Beware the goodnight kiss. At the end of a date, many men become paralyzed and aren't sure how to proceed. Some women prefer not to kiss on a first date, others are disappointed if you don't at least make an attempt. In order to decide how to handle the goodnight kiss, pay close attention to her body language during your date. If she keeps her distance, then avoid the kiss and go for a friendly hug instead. If she doesn't seem to mind getting closer during your date, then go ahead and move in for the kiss.
Remember, a woman wants to know that a man is interested in her. Follow these top five dating tips for men from relationship specialist Wendell K. Cribbs and you'll let her know without saying a word.